About Prestige Group
With more than 48 years of rich, hands-on experience in the retail and real estate industry, Mr. Irfan Razack steers Prestige onwards with a keen business acumen and foresight, placing the highest priority on ethical business principles and practices. A visionary, a real estate icon and the inspiration behind the Company’s success, he has the ability to create opportunities and the determination to ensure that his vision come to fruition. He is also the Company’s principal architect, exhibiting the creativity and insight required to conceive aesthetically appealing and yet, wholly saleable real estate products. Under his able leadership, Prestige is today the only CRISIL DA1 graded developer in India and has been awarded the financial rating of A+ and A1+ by ICRA.
Considered one of the leading authorities on real estate in India today, he has won and continues to win several awards and accolades. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Fellowship of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS) in 2013 – this is the pre-eminent chartered qualification for professionals in land, property and construction, and considered the mark of property professionalism worldwide
- Adjudged ‘Real Estate Professional of the Year’ at the Real Estate Excellence Awards 2008
- Best Developer Award in 2009-10 by the Karnataka State Town Planning Department
- Bestowed the Commercial Master Builder Award 2010 by Construction Source India
- ‘Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Award’ by Builders Association of India and Confederation of Real Estate Developers Associations of India (CREDAI) – 2010
- Construction World Architect & Builder Award 2010, being ranked among India’s Top 10 Builders
- Recognised and awarded for his ‘outstanding contribution’ to real estate by EPC World Award in 2011, by CREDAI in 2013 and by NDTV in 2015
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Memorial Award 2015 for his outstanding contribution towards the growth of Karnataka through building projects
- Voted as one of the Best CEOs in Asia (Best in India) in the reputed Institutional Investor (II) magazine’s 2014 All-Asia Executive Team Rankings
- Images Retail Award for Excellence in Retail & Customer Service
He also received the coveted ‘The World’s Greatest Leaders 2015-16 – India’ from Asia One and ‘Best CEO – Real Estate and Construction’ from Business Today in 2017. He was lauded with the Real Leader Award for his social endeavours at the Indian Realty Awards 2013, and was also declared Leader of the Year. Known as a business leader with a large heart, he is involved in several philanthropic causes and also actively supports the Company’s numerous CSR initiatives. As former President of Rotary Midtown, Bengaluru, he is still actively involved in the club’s activities, and is a Paul Harris Fellow. In 2015, he was inducted as a member of the esteemed Arch C. Klumph Society – a special fellowship offered to only a privileged few from the Rotary Foundation. In addition, he has served as Honorary Secretary of the Al-Ameen Educational Society for 21 years.
His active involvement in the society, led him to institute the widely acclaimed ‘Prestige Citizen Extraordinaire Award’ in association with Rotary Midtown, to honour citizens of Bangalore who have contributed selflessly. Previous recipients of this award include Mr. N. R. Narayana Murthy, Dr. Devi Shetty, Dr. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Mr. Nandan Nilekani, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Dr. B Ramana Rao, among others. His dream of contributing more towards the education segment led to the ‘Educate India Foundation’, another Prestige initiative through which he co-founded the Inventure Academy (established 2005), a leading K-12 International School in Bangalore.
Among the most prominent and respected businessmen in the country today, his role extends beyond the Prestige Group to the larger arena of business and industry. He has served as President of the Bengaluru Commercial Association (BCA), and as President of KOAPA (now CREDAI) for five years. He has also served as the Chairman of CREDAI (National) for a period of two years, completed his term in March 2017. He has been a special invitee to the southern regional council of Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), and is also a sought-after panelist for discussions on business and real estate on leading television channels. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by the St. Joseph’s Old Boys Association. He has also received recognition from the United Nations University International’s Leadership Academy (UNU/ILA) in Jordan.